Leonoor’s Cryptoman raffles continued
18–08–2021 the initiative was started to promote decentralisation of voting power via raffles via the first Osmosis-focused article from my side. 3 weeks later the raffles were revamped based on the first experiences and the first executed raffles with another article.
On 07–01–2022 a new article was released to also start focussing on participation in governance besides only decentralization. The balance of voting power is slowly shifting in favor of the lower-ranked validators, thereby slowly making the chain less centralized and sensitive to a few validators who are able to dictate voting. This new focus will applicable for the raffles held on Thursday.
What will happen on the other days?
Currently raffles are held on Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday. I will keep that schedule. The Thursday raffle has already been given and clarified, but now the magic still needs to happen for the Tuesday and Sunday raffles.
Being active on multiple chains has some disadvantages (having to stay up to date on multiple chats, staying aware on upgrades to the chain, etc), but also has advantages. One of them is that the raffles can also be implemented multi-chain, giving a part of the advantages back to my delegators, which is you.
The new schedule can be found below:
On Tuesday the schedule will be “simple”. Every chain will have it’s own raffle where 5% of the commission is given to one of the delegators. To avoid having only whales winning the raffles this will be split into 2 prizes of equal size (thus 2,5% of commission per prize). One of the winners will be selected of the top 20% of the delegators and one winner will be selected from the remaining 80% of the delegators. This to reward the bigger delegators with a bigger chance of winning (they make the price bigger, so a small thank you in return doesn’t hurt :)), but also giving smaller delegators a chance on a nice prize.
We will also introduce the Super Sunday prize. On this day the commission of all validators together will be combined to determine the prize. On this day the 5% is still applicable, but it will be handed out as a big chunk. Also here the split between 2 prizes for the top 20% and the remaining 80% of the delegators applies.
On the Sunday one of the chains where the Leonoor’s_Cryptoman validator can be found will be in the spotlight. It will alternate between the chains where this is the case (so currently Osmosis, BitCanna, Comdex and Chihuahua). In week 1 Osmosis will be the spotlighted chain, in week 2 BitCanna, in week 3 Comdex and in week 4 Chihuahua. In week 5 it will revert to Osmosis again, and so on.
With this Super Sunday prize there is also a bonus for loyal delegators. People delegating to the Leonoor’s_Cryptoman validator on multiple chains have higher chances on winning. All delegations on all the chains will be downloaded and put into one overview. The values of the delegations will be calculated towards their value in OSMO as a common denominator. And the balance of all these delegations are the tickets a person has.
Let’s make 1 example. A delegator has delegated 6000 BCNA, 194k HUAHUA, 1708 CMDX and 100 OSMO delegated to the validators on multiple chains. Using the conversion table below it can be derived that this is the equivalent of roughly 1300 OSMO (100 OSMO-equivalent in BCNA, 100 OSMO-equivalent of HUAHUA, 1000 OSMO-equivalent in CMDX and 100 OSMO). So this delegator has 1300 tickets in the Super Sunday raffle. So being a whale on one chain can give you an advantage during the Sunday raffles ;)
This schedule will start Sunday 16–01–2022 and continue until further notice.
This means that if you delegate on 1 chain you have 65x the chance of winning a raffle (every week on the respective chain and 13x yearly a chance of winning the Super Sunday raffle). Delegating on multiple chains gives you also more chances!
Good luck and make sure to delegate to the right validator on the right chains ;) and spread the word!